Detroit Bulldogs Hockey Club
AS A 501(C)3 NON-PROFIT ORGANIZATION, THE BULLDOGS HOCKEY CLUB IS DEDICATED TO THE GROWTH OF YOUTH HOCKEY ON THE EAST SIDE OF METRO DETROIT. THROUGH GRANTS AND SCHOLARSHIPS, AND PROGRAMS, EAST SIDE YOUTH SPORTS FOUNDATION AND THE BULLDOGS HOCKEY CLUB ARE MAKING HOCKEY AVAILABLE TO ALL CHILDREN, BRIDGING THE GAP BETWEEN DETROIT AND SURROUNDING COMMUNITIES, REMOVING SOCIAL, ECONOMIC AND RACIAL BARRIERS.
Diversity Inclusion & Equity
Diversity: It is our desire and our mission to create diversity in a sport that has not been diverse due to the costs and due to the location of ice rinks. We have one of only three ice rinks in the city of Detroit for amateur hockey. through the foundation's ownership of the rink we can provide savings to under privileged children who normally would not be able to play this great sport.
Inclusion: We know that children who play together will form new bonds and new freindships. We have an incredible opportunity with the Grosse Pointe Communities on one side of Mack and the Detroit Community on the other side of Mack. Through collaborative sports, like hockey, we can bring children from both sides of Mack together to compete as a team and share experiences that have not and would not normally occur. We have witnessed this since we have started our programs. Acceptance occrs more quickly within sport programs.
Equity: Children that play organized sports have a higher percentage of completing high school and attending college, therefor reducing the economic inequity in the future. Equity also occurs through relationship building, education and respect for each other through the collaborative efforts that occur in team sports.
Needs Based Scholarships
Provide Opportunity for All Kids
ESYSF is dedicated to making youth sports available for all children through grants to youth programs and individual scholarships to families with a financial hardship.
Generous donations allow children, who would not otherwise have the opportunity due to their financial situation, to experience the benefits of hockey under the American Development Model through East Side Youth Sports Foundation.
We currently accept applications for the Bulldogs Hockey Club 8U program (ages 3-8). The scholarship will cover all costs for the child including registration fees, ice fees and equipment.
Unless your financial situation changes, this sponsorship is renewable each year until your child decides to no longer participate in our program or graduates from the BHC 8U program. Upon graduation, your child can receive a $1000 scholarship to be used toward hockey expenses such as the ice bill, equipment, etc.
Applications are accepted until all positions are filled.
Please mail the application to:
East Side Youth Sports Foundation
26333 Jefferson, Suite 102
St. Clair Shores, MI 48081
or email firstname.lastname@example.org We will then be in touch!
If you are in need of financial assistance, please click on the link & you will be transferred to the Bulldogs Hockey Club website for more information. Email your completed form to email@example.com
Bulldogs Hockey Club Program Partners
* We offer 3-5 Try Hockey For Free Events each year
* Includes skates, helmet & stick
* Gold standard for the 8U program for 7 yrs in row.
Eagle Sports (Grace Community Church)
* Our third season w/ them (2 six week sessions/season)
* Started w/ kids/session – up to 25 participating/session this season. TOTAL 130 kids
DRW Little Wings Program
* Our third season w/ them (20 kids participate). TOTAL 60 kids * Detroit Redwings foundation $15k in conjunction with the NHL and the NHL players association; Learn, Play Score program to expand hockey in the city of Detroit. * One of the only three rinks in Detroit.
* 50 kids participating in two six week sessions
* NHLPA provided $10K in grant funding for all equipment
* Bigby Coffee provided $8K for ice fees
* BHC & USA Hockey waived all registration fees for players
Center for Success
* After school literacy & mentorship program for elementary school kids
* Locations in Detroit & Pontiac
* 50 students @ each site
* 65 additional virtual kids at each site
* Partner virtually w/ (over 900 kids)
DMC 10 year relationship/sponsorship providing support to our youth sports programs